Grace Periods for Renewals Guide
As a trademark owner, you have to renew you trademarks in due time in order to prevent their removal from the register.
However, information on grace periods for renewals is not publicly available, especially when it concerns remote countries.
Managing renewals of your portfolio of trademarks can be time-consuming and expensive, if late renewal fees have to be paid.
With this guide, we intend to support large multinational trademark owners and their agents in managing their trademark portfolios.
Here you can download renewal grace periods and further essential information for more than 140 jurisdictions.
Why should you decide to use this guide?
- Manage renewals efficiently in over 140 countries
- Avoid late renewal fees and loss of trademark rights
- Receive further information on proceedings and requirements
The price for the PDF Download is 75.- EUR plus VAT (19 %)
, payable via credit card.
Your data will be SSL encoded.
What is the content of this guide?
The guide provides a useful overview of grace periods for trademark renewals in more than 140 jurisdictions worldwide (view complete list of countries
It also contains explanatory information on fees, proceedings and requirements. The guide has been compiled and verified by local IP lawyers only.
The following questions will be answered:
Samples for reading:
- What is the regular time for a trademark renewal?
- What are the formal requirements for a renewal?
- Are renewals published?
- How long is the grace period and when does it start?
- How much is the late renewal fee?
- When does the new protection period by late renewal start?
- What is the proceeding after the expiry of the grace period?
- Will the owner/agent be notified of pending cancellation due to non-payment of fees? If so, how?
- Can a lapsed trademark be restored?
- Is there a timeframe within which the mark is blocked from re-registration by third parties?
Extract of content
The following countries and multinational agreements are included:
Antigua and Barbuda (AG)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA)
Costa Rica (CR)
Czech Republic (CZ)
Dominican Republic (DO)
El Salvador (SV)
Hong Kong (HK)
New Zealand (NZ)
Puerto Rico (PR)
Russian Federation (RU)
San Marino (SM)
Saudi Arabia (SA)
South Africa (ZA)
South Korea (KR)
Sri Lanka (LK)
Trinidad and Tobago (TT)
Turks and Caicos Islands (TC)
United Arab Emirates (AE)
United Kingdom (UK)
Viet Nam (VN)